Vice President, People and Culture
Aug. 4, 2021
The Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids is looking for an enthusiastic people operations professional who can lead our organization in the development of a HR function which supports our commitment to a collaborative, collegial and growth-oriented work environment. We want someone experienced in helping organizations understand how to support the success of its team members at all levels of the organization and who is excited about defining and executing new initiatives that support the Campaign in its efforts to become a world-class employer.
WHAT YOU’LL ACCOMPLISH
Reporting to the President and serving as a member of our executive team, you will be the first leader established for this newly expanded role. You will have an opportunity to build and develop an HR team of two additional members and manage the budget for people operations for the organization. Your team will own the strategic and operational HR planning for our global organization of 150+ staff and consultants with a focus on the following key areas:
- Participation in strategic and operational planning; partnering with a cross functional leadership team to design an optimal organizational structure that supports our program strategies and growth goals.
- Moving forward our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) work so it becomes an integral part of who we are as an organization, incorporating our stated values and providing guidance to employees on what it looks like to live out our organizational values in all decisions, programs, and processes.
- Building scalable hiring practices, grounded in our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, to attract, recruit, assess, and onboard great talent. You will partner with your leadership colleagues to understand and anticipate hiring and development needs and identify the capabilities necessary to meet the Campaign’s business goals.
- Creating an employee experience which touches all points of the employee lifecycle, ensuring a work environment in which all of our employees can thrive.
- Implementing solutions for making our leaders better managers and providing coaching and feedback to our existing leadership team.
- Designing a performance assessment process that helps us provide meaningful coaching and transparent feedback, which can be used to improve the skills of our team members and increase their contributions to our work.
- Building scalable learning and development efforts that aid in growing each team member’s capabilities and support employee retention.
SKILLS YOU’LL BRING TO THIS ROLE
- Proven success as a senior HR leader, reflected in at least ten (10) years of experience and key HR practitioner credentials (e.g., SPHR, CCP, GRP, SHRM-SCP) which allows you to demonstrate your success in building a human resources function and working in collaboration with a strong leadership cohort.
- Demonstrated success in developing and implementing a variety of people operations initiatives across a number of areas, i.e., talent acquisition, benefits, compensation, employee engagement, learning and development, employee relations, policy development and compliance domestically and globally.
- An applied understanding of global human resources issues, and the ability to partner with external experts to develop frameworks and processes which support our team members working abroad.
- Strong HR technology skills, with a demonstrated understanding of how to leverage technology to streamline a people operations function.
- Strong people management skills that you can model for your colleagues and apply in developing your team.
- An approachable demeanor that inspires trust and confidence from leaders and individual contributors.
- Ability to challenge your colleagues and the organization while holding them accountable for their commitments.
- Demonstrated focus and priority on developing and leading DEI work across the organization.
WHY JOIN CAMPAIGN FOR TOBACCO-FREE KIDS?
You will be a part of a respected global health advocacy organization that works to create meaningful change through policy changes and save lives in our neighborhoods and in communities worldwide.
You’ll receive a generous benefits package including:
- 100% company paid health, vision, and dental for you; 70-80% contribution to these coverages for your dependents.
- Paid parental leave benefits (4 weeks paid maternity/paternity leave), in addition to the federal and local leave provisions
- 403b plan participation (with 9% company contribution)
- Generous vacation (with total support to take at least 5 consecutive days off per year)
- 10 Paid Company Holidays
- 15 vacation days, 10 sick days and 5 personal days (on an accrual basis each calendar year)
- A hybrid work schedule (3 days in office; 2 days remote)
This search is being conducted by Human Capital Consultants, LLC. Candidates should submit their resume and a cover letter (in MS Word or Adobe PDF format) describing your interest to:
President & CEO
Human Capital Consultants, LLC
4201 Wilson Blvd, Suite 320
Arlington, VA 22203
Please reference code: VP, P&C in the subject line. Further materials, including writing samples, will be requested of short-listed candidates. Salary Range: $185,000 – $210,000 commensurate with experience. This position is based in Washington, DC and is open to US citizens and other applicants possessing work visas permitting long-term, permanent employment in the US. Currently all staff are working remotely until reentry to the Washington office is approved.
The Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe our programs are strengthened when they are developed and supported by individuals with diverse life experiences, whose understanding of social and cultural issues can help make CTFK’s work more inclusive. We encourage qualified applicants of all ages, racial, economic, social, cultural, sexual orientation, ability and gender expressions, national origins and veteran statuses to apply.